Edna Bay – Prince of Wales Island
- Marble Island - Edna Bay
- This partially completed 3BR & 2 BA cabin has a detached work shop/Generator Room and provides the ideal starting point for your wilderness home. This is living off the grid as it was meant to be. There is a spring fed water source that provides fresh water and adequate water pressure for a 2nd floor bathroom. Perhaps the best features of this property are two galvanized pile attached to a dock structure in the protected cove. The dock needs new floatation. The piling/dock provides safe moorage year around from all weather conditions and all directions. The cove has a sandy beach with a enough grade to run a sewer outfall into Tokeen Bay. The cabin is in need of repairs, but the roof is tight and there are no signs of water penetration into the cabin or the detached work shop. The front deck has been damaged from a tree fall and needs to be removed. The post and beam foundation looks secure and is easy to access. Nearest community is 10 miles away by boat in Edna Bay or 40 miles South to Craig, Alaska. Marble Is. is 80 air miles from Ketchikan and is accessible by boat or float plane only. Marble Is is situated on the Southern terminus of the El Capitian Passage and is a 7 hour boat ride from Ketchikan at 20 MPH or a 20 minute skiff ride through Tenass Pass to the road system on POW. If your dream is to live off the grid in a remote part of the Alaska Wilderness don't miss this opportunity. Be prepared to be self sufficient. Because of the sandy Beach and the all weather cove this is without a doubt one of the best locations on Marble Island.
Sq. Feet: 2,400
Lot Size: 240,887
- Legal Address Only - Edna Bay
- If you are ready to experience remote Alaska the easier way - check out this great property! With 4.34 beautifully forested acres, a new, quality built gravel ATV pathway, and a basic, older cabin, this property is off to a great start! The cabin measures 30x30 and was hand built. It has not been lived in for 15 years, has no plumbing & is a definitely a fixer-upper, but the roof is in good shape and it would come in handy as a shelter or a shop while you build your home. The price is based on the land, it is a larger lot with a great area that would be perfect for solar power & gardens. And with the new ATV path - it is ready for your new adventure! Edna Bay is a unique place, an area of amazing fishing & hunting. Edna Bay is a small remote village accessible only by boat or air, but once you are there, there is a small road system, (but most people drive ATVs), a general store/ post office & a brand State & fuel dock. There is no school in this area, but homeschooling is possible. Edna Bay has a cordless radio phone system, and satellite internet is available. Taquan has return flights to the area 3x a week, or it is 45 by boat from Naukati. Close to the renowned Sea Otter Sound and Warren Channel, the fishing in this area is exceptional. If it is peace, quiet and a real back-to-basics Alaskan lifestyle you are after, but with some conveniences - look no further!
- Remote Recreational - Edna Bay
- Great lot in Edna Bay - one of the quietest communities in Southeast Alaska. Fishing, hunting, kayaking.... build your dream home!
Sq. Feet: 161,608
- Edna Bay Legal Address Only - Edna Bay
- Lt 3 Blk 4 Edna Legal Address Only - Edna Bay
- Looking for a piece of wild & remote Alaskan forest to call your own? This 2.48 acre lot is big enough to give you all the peace & privacy that you need. This lot is forested, with easy road access off Edna Bay's small road system. The remote but stunning Edna Bay is far enough way from the world to give you a genuine getaway, a place where you can relax & play - build your own cabin & experience life in its purest form. Fish & hunt in this amazing wilderness, & experience the peace & beauty that only remote wilderness can offer. Edna Bay is a small remote town accessible by boat or float plane. There is a small road system there, but most people use ATVs. Edna Bay also has a general store/ post office & a brand new dock. A cordless radio phone system is available, as is satellite internet. Taquan has return flights to the area 3x a week, or it is 45 by boat from Naukati. Close to the renowned Sea Otter Sound and Warren Channel, the fishing in this area is exceptional. If it is peace, quiet and a real old-style Alaskan lifestyle you are after, but with some conveniences - look no further!